Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family Retreat

We had a great time at the family retreat! Since Devan had a baseball game Friday, Summer rode with the kids and me and we followed Clint and the boys. What sweet friends. We stopped about halfway at a WalMart and then Brinton and Lucy saw the movie in the Bests' car and that was all it took (Clint let them ride with him!!!!!!!) So that left just me and Summer and Macy! Wow, what a guy:) Many people helped watch my kids that evening while I got out room ready and unloaded. Kat took care of Lucy for a long time...It's so good having help! The rest of the time the kids played in the huge sandbox, the water and had a canoe ride Sunday before we left. The kids were pretty well-behaved and Macy was easy most of the time (a few cries here and there). We had fun with all of our friends - maybe when we're older it'll be easier to carry on a conversation since we won't be chasing all our kids...


div style="width:426px">

5 comments:

Bekki said...

Looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

I need to see those kids!

The Best Family said...

I am glad you you (we) made it thru without too much drama! It was a fun weekend! So glad you decided to go... I have lots of pics I need to give you...

and PS - That Clint, yah, he is a keeper! :o)

Megan said...

Lucy legs are getting so long and she is really slimming down. Your baby is disappearing! How does this happen so fast.

Luckily, you get to hug your new baby while you watch your other grow. I just have to find solace in a tub of ice cream. :)

I'm glad you had a good time at retreat. We hated to miss it.

Britney said...

I think Ms. Julie started the water fight!! : )

Your pictures don't show the fun time Devan was having trying to get them into the water and jumping off the rock! That was hilarious!