Tuesday, May 6, 2008

RETREAT!

We had a great time at our family retreat with our church. We got way more sleep this year! (Even with the Drennons as our suite-mates...love you guys) We took Lucy last year when she was just several weeks old and she cried a lot...But not this year, baby. Brinton enjoyed playing in the water and riding on the "boat", the thing that floated in the water (see pic). Lucy was pretty content and happy most of the time. Since she still isn't walking, it was hard to put her down without her getting filthy. I "learned" how to play 88, which is a form of 42 (dominoes). Although my team won, I can say it wasn't because I knew what I was doing. But I had very patient teachers. Maybe if I practice I would be up for it again. Our speaker was very good, too. His first session had me in tears. It was so good to be with our friends! (wish all of you could've been there...you pregnant ones and those who had sick kids...)



Brinton and Bryson last year at retreat...

and NOW!!!


8 comments:

Megan said...

Ahhh, you guys weren't bad to have next door either. I can only hope we will be that lucky next year. Would it be wrong to request a family cabin when our kids are 2? :)

I'm sensing an 88 rematch will be in order at next year's retreat. Can't wait!

Bekki said...

oh my goodness - it is insane how much bigger the boys are now!! I am glad you thought to get the same type picture.
You all look like you had so much fun. I miss you guys!

Britney said...

We missed coming so much! Hopefully, next year we can come, but Shawn is already wondering about requesting a family cabin for us - Addie will be 2 & the baby will be about 11 months - is that too old to have a family cabin?

The Best Family said...

look at you with the fancy slide show... music and all!! I need to get busy and post mine. I got several cute ones of your kiddos, too... and some video.
I love the pic of B and daddy walking together... I am so, so glad that retreat 08 was much more joyous than retreat 07 LuLu!

TexasNeals said...

HEY! your kids are ADORABLE!!!! so fun to see pictures of ya'll! glad you are doing well. :)

stace

Mindi Tipps said...

I'm so glad you actually got to enjoy the retreat this year! Good job Lucy! =) Jeff and I love playing 42 and 88- we should play some time!

The Smith Family said...

You're new blog design looks great and you are way ahead of me- I haven;t even put up retreat pictures. Hopefully once camp is over...I will get my life back

David and Michelle Simpson said...

I love the pictures you put of your kids. You do such a good job of getting good ones.