Monday, January 5, 2009

Brinton's new bed and Merry Christmas

May I just say that my dad is very talented. He can build and fix almost anything. We had been talking about getting a bed for Brinton since he's slept on a mattress on a floor for over a year now. My dad said he could build him one for Christmas. Well that sounded great to us! But he didn't just build a bed. He made a baseball bed with a shadowbox sort of thing. It had bats, cardinals, pictures, hats, gloves, etc inside the casing. It also has a built-in nightlight at the top. Brinton loved it! Thanks Grandad!

Brinton looking at the stuff inside

He didn't want to pose

My dad and mom came to our house this Christmas :) Since traveling for me was not an option. We had a fun time opening presents and just relaxing and spending time together. My kids love their mimi and grandad.

Excuse me, I'll have to call you back later.

Headphones from great-grandmother

9 comments:

Bekki said...

That is AWESOME! How cool to have a custom made bed by your granddad!? I bet he was soooo excited.
Love your new picture at the top of your blog. Such cuties! One week - ahhh! xoxo

TexasNeals said...

ok, that is seriously the coolest bed i have EVER seen!!!! man i wish i had gone w/ sports instead of cowboys.....i would have TOTALLY begged you to beg your dad to make us one. ;) he is seriously talented. what an awesome gift!

TexasNeals said...

oh, and you'll be in my prayers as D-day rolls around. i pray that you have a smooth delivery and that sweet baby girl handles everything beautifully! :)

Megan said...

That is an amazing bed! What a wonderful idea to have a shadow box so you can switch out things as he grows.

The Best Family said...

Love the bed! Grandaddy did a great job! But I was looking closer, and I didnt see a picture of 'aunt summer' in the shadow box??!! What was he thinking?

The Best Family said...

Love the bed! Grandaddy did a great job! But I was looking closer, and I didnt see a picture of 'aunt summer' in the shadow box??!! What was he thinking?

Frances Outlaw-Jones said...

Merry Late Christmas, Happy Bday and Happy New Year! Can't wait to see pics of the newest Loftis!

Unknown said...

Great bed, Brinton. Uncle Chris said he has some Astros stuff for you to put in it.

TexasNeals said...

k, so i see that her name is macy (SO sweet, by the way!). hope everything went wonderfully! can't wait to see her sweet picture! :)