Sunday, July 12, 2009

Going on a Canoe Ride!

At then end of June, the kids and I went with Melissa and Lindsay V. to Zilker. Lindsay and some of her friends go canoeing there sometimes and thought our kids would enjoy it. So we ventured out on a hot, sunny day to give it a shot. We got the life jackets on everyone, got the kids in the canoe, and away they went. You pay a certain price per hour, so Macy and me found a shady spot under a tree, sat in a chair and watched dogs chase balls in the water and a little boy "fish." And Macy fell asleep at some point and we were sticking together when the canoe gang came back about an hour later. We were all hot and sweaty, but the kids had a great time. They saw turtles and geeses.( They kept trying to explain to Brinton that one is called a goose and more than one are called geese, but he keep saying they saw "geeses.") We ate some lunch and then went on a train ride around the park. We finished off by dipping our feet in the water and then heading home. A hot day but a fun one for sure!

And they're off...

Time for lunch yet - this boat is tasty :)
CHEESE!


Cool Mama

Should I JUMP IN...

Cooling down after the ride.
Macy, you should've come too :)

Choo Choo!

4 comments:

Bekki said...

I am in love with these artsy fartsy pics you posted! They look great!

Frances Outlaw-Jones said...

What a fun day! I love Zilker, beware: I had a friend lose her keys while canoeing : )

Megan said...

Oh I am hot just reading that post. You are such a good Momma to sit in that heat with a baby stuck to you so they could go on the canoe. Cute pictures! I am glad you got one of you and Macy.

Amy Mac said...

How fun is that??? I love all the pictures...your kids are so cute :)