Thursday, March 26, 2009

Look what we got...

Here is the first of a few new posts...

I had been watching the news yesterday evening and was sort of tracking the storm that was coming through. Devan was at baseball practice and I kept debating on whether to call him and tell them to let the players leave, etc. so they wouldn't get caught in it. Anyway, I talked to him about 5 or so and we were trying to decide if I should meet him to eat before church or if he was coming home. I told him I did NOT want to get out if it was going to hail. Devan said, well it doesn't look that bad here, maybe you should come on. I said, well I really don't wanna risk it. So he said he would come home, pick some food up on the way, and then we'd go to church. Well what do ya know, Kaylee can actually listen to the weather on TV and realize when to stay in. Devan got POUNDED coming home. I called him about 10 minutes into his drive when I heard the hail coming down and it sounded horrible - I could hear the hail hitting the car. Luckily there was only one big dent that we could see...Maybe SOMEONE should listen to SOMEONE next time:) Ha! love ya, honey!

Devan took the kids out to look at it - it really isn't as dark as it looks in the pictures

2 comments:

Britney said...

Aw, man! I got caught in it, too. I was leaving HEB, talking to Julie on the phone when it started pounding me. I freaked out and probably scared Julie by yelling at her that I had to hang up. I whipped over to a gas station, that was already full of cars, so drove into the carwash with another guy...scary hail!

Bekki said...

Oh, Texas hail - how fun?! Do you remember our clunker Lumina? Ryan and I got stuck in a hail storm on Dessau coming home from the Riveras. After that, the car looked like a golf ball.