Monday, March 9, 2009

Lucy, Lu is turning 2!!!

My little girl is turning 2 today! WOW! Anyone who knows our Lucy, knows she is very determined, but very loving, too! We are so grateful for her, even times when we're not sure the best way to handle her. She keeps us on on toes for sure. We love listening to her talk and communicate with us, especially things like "I love you!," "Give you hug," "don't cry, Maymay"
We love watching you play with your brother. There are disagreements, yes, but often you get along so well. He is definitely your protector whether you need it or not right now (you can stand up for yourself that's for sure.) At the park just yesterday, a couple of boys approached you both and put toy guns in your face (I was a bit unhappy about this) but I quickly saw your brother push the guns away and help you up off the slide, grab your hand, and say "Come on, Lucy, let's get out of here." I love watching you both! When I hear you say "Hold me, Bubba" my heart just melts. You are very strong-willed and require a lot of patience. But I think that will be a positive quality as you grow. Your Mimi has said that hopefully this will mean you will never go along with negative peer pressure (boy am I hoping she's right.) But as strong-willed as you are, you are also that loving. Your hugs, snuggles, singing, your smile that lights up a room, listening to you pray "Dear God........Desus name, amen!" are worth it all! We love you, LouLou! Happy Bday!

Some things Lucy likes:
* "bubba" and "MayMay"
* "Momma" and "daddy"
*"waffles" in the morning
* any stuffed animal or baby doll - she will carry them around the house, likes to sleep with them and take them in the car with her.
* her family
*"paying" (playing) with her bubba
* "fying" (flying) in the air with the help of her daddy
* talking and using all of her new words that she is learning every day.
* saying "hold me (Insert name)" a lot :)
* saying "no" a lot - we're not sure how to get her to stop this...we've tried many methods :)
* Singing - she will sing songs and if she doesn't know word, she'll make one up. Many times I hear her singing a familiar tune with her own words...Her favs are Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle, Twinkle, All Night, All Day, and a couple that we have made up :)
* Reading books
* Being outside

Some things Lucy dislikes:
* Being told to do something or not to do something when it's the opposite of what she is wanting.
* Having to share when she is sure everything belongs to her :)
* Having help brushing her teeth those times she wants to do it "by mysef"
- I'm sure if I thought long enough this list would be longer, but then again, her main dislike is no.1 on this list - Just being told no or not to do something - she can't stand it!

One week

One Year
Two years

5 comments:

Britney said...

Aw, sweet Lu-Lu! I CANNOT believe she is already 2 years old...oh, the lovely two's!! : )

Amy Mac said...

What a precious girl! Happy Birthday Lucy!

Mindi Tipps said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Lucy!

Bekki said...

SHE IS SOOOO CUTE!!! I like hearing about her likes/dislikes! I agree with your momma!

The Smith Family said...

happy birthday lucy!